FranFund, Inc. is a growing financial services company, and we’re searching for a Senior Accountant to join our team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for most of the accounting and financial reporting work, as well as other activities and projects that contribute to the stability and growth of the Company. This position reports to the COO & VP of Finance.
You are detail-oriented, organized, and like to get things right. You understand the importance of accuracy in your work, and you think ahead before acting. You like to question why something is done a certain way and then look for opportunities for improvement. When faced with a challenge, you are eager to test your problem-solving skills and rarely give up until you find a solution. You’re searching for a career where you can contribute to the advancement of a team and company. You enjoy accounting work but also want to understand the intricacies of running a business.
FranFund is headquartered in Fort Worth, TX, and is a leading franchise and small business funding provider. We help businesses get their doors open and then get bigger. It’s a big job, and we need people with big goals, big ideas, and big hearts to do it. Our team is small but mighty. We work hard to get the job done but take time to incorporate fun to help us stay connected and energized.
At FranFund, you will learn about a dynamic industry, while having the opportunity to make contributions from day one. Our teamwork-focused culture encourages collaboration, creative problem-solving, and delivery of top-notch services.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage month-end close and year-end close processes
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Manage payroll, benefits, and retirement plan processes
- Analyze financial statements and prepare ad-hoc reports
- Make recommendations to management regarding best practices and process improvements
- Make recommendations to management regarding tax implications and tax strategy
- Work with clients, vendors, or other external parties to resolve issues as needed
- Work with internal teams to improve processes, collect necessary data, and provide support as needed
- Work with federal and state agencies to ensure necessary filings are completed timely
- Participate in various tasks and projects outside of the accounting department as needed
- Provide support to other departments during busy seasons or other times of heavy workload
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field of study
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment, particularly when handling confidential information
- Tax planning experience, particularly in a small business environment
- Positive attitude and team-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload based on changing needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Experience with SalesForce a plus
- CPA license a plus
All work will be performed in our downtown Fort Worth office – this is not a remote position.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, PTO, and paid holidays
- Robust medical benefits with generous employer contribution
- Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life/AD&D Insurance plans
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- 401(k) Plan with employer contribution
- Paid covered parking
- Snacks, periodic group lunches, happy hours, company swag
Email resume to Emily Mastalski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FranFund is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.