Plan Administrator Manager
FranFund, Inc. is the leading provider of franchise and small business funding, offering a portfolio of funding solutions and 401(k) Third Party Administration. We help businesses get their doors open and then get bigger. It’s a big job, and we need people with big goals, big ideas, and big hearts to do it.
One of the funding solutions we offer is our FranPlan®, which is a Rollover for Business Startup (ROBS) plan that allows clients to use qualified retirement funds tax-deferred and penalty-free to start their business with no debt. ROBS plans have complex government requirements that necessitate ongoing Third-Party Administration (TPA). Our TPA services ensure clients have the support needed to keep their FranPlan qualified and compliant.
We are looking for an experienced Plan Administration Manager to help manage our TPA associates and work with our TPA clients on complex retirement plans. From day one, this individual will contribute to existing programs, while assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with company and client goals. The Plan Administration Manager must be an organized multitasker able to manage and delegate projects, review and improve departmental processes, and meet tight deadlines.
- Perform compliance testing, including Actual Deferral Percentage (ADP) and Actual Contribution Percentage (ACP), coverage, etc.
- Preparation of plan reports
- Confirmation or participant eligibility and vesting
- Preparation of Forms 5500, related schedules and Forms 1099-R
- Development of participant loan and distribution packages
- Reconciliation of trust assets and client issue resolution
- Calculation and allocation of contributions and matching contributions
- Promptly respond to client requests
- Participate in continuing education/training to keep current with the changing laws and regulations related to defined contribution plans
- Consult and prepare plan amendments with clients
- Develop strong relationships with internal staff for both superior client servicing and cross-selling efforts
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of five years of retirement plan administration experience
- Strong understanding of retirement plans, ERISA, and the Internal Revenue Code
- Understand plan documents (Basic Plan Document, Adoption Agreement, Summary Plan Description (SPD), Amendments, Summary of Material Modifications (SMM) and annual notices)
- ASPPA designation (QKA or similar)
- Polished verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Highly organized with the ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to work extended hours to meet pre-determined goals and deadlines
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Advanced experience with all Microsoft Office products
- CRM experience (preferably Salesforce)
- Typical scheduled hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; additional hours may be required dependent on business needs