FranFund, Inc. is a growing financial services company, and we’re searching for an Accounting Specialist. In this role, you’ll perform a range of tasks primarily supporting the Accounting & HR departments.
You are highly organized, motivated, and like to get things just right. You are able to multi-task and identify and anticipate the needs of management, and you enjoy assisting others. Your experience includes executive scheduling and assisting, and you are open to helping with other tasks as needed. You are trustworthy and accountable, known for your consistency and ability to be relied upon. You act with a sense of urgency and take pride in your work.
FranFund is headquartered in Fort Worth, TX, and is a leading franchise and small business funding provider. We help businesses get their doors open and then get bigger. It’s a big job, and we need people with big goals, big ideas, and big hearts to do it. Our team is small but mighty. We work hard to get the job done but take time to incorporate fun to help us stay connected and energized.
At FranFund, you will learn about a dynamic industry while having the opportunity to make contributions from day one. Our teamwork-focused culture encourages collaboration, creative problem-solving, and delivery of top-notch services.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Perform bookkeeping and accounting tasks, including, but not limited to:
- customer invoice, payment, and sales receipt entry for a large volume of clients
- ensure recurring customer payments process as scheduled
- employee collections for past due accounts
- bill and bill payment entry
- pay invoices timely and accurately
- recording of journal entries
- account reconciliation
- credit card transaction entry and receipt review
- payroll processing and reporting
- update systems to reflect client payment status
- Reconcile data between various software systems
- Prepare daily activity reports for management
- Assist HR with employee onboarding and offboarding
- Perform general office management tasks
- Other tasks as needed
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to act with integrity and professional discretion and to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve when issues arise
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Aptitude for and experience in delivering excellent customer service
- Strong time management, organizational, and electronic filing skills
- Knowledge of basic clerical and administrative practices
All work will be performed in our downtown Fort Worth office – this is not a remote position.
Benefits & Perks
Competitive salary, PTO, and paid holidays
Robust medical benefits with generous employer contribution
Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life/AD&D Insurance plans
Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
401(k) Plan with employer contribution
Paid covered parking for all in-office roles
Snacks, periodic group lunches, happy hours, and company parties
Compensation based on experience. Minimum two years bookkeeping experience required.
FranFund is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusions in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.